Thursday, November 10, 2011

Learn and Adapt

This post is sort of a freestyle because I don't have any sources that I can point you to right this second but I'm sure it's been said before. You must be able to adapt to any situation you are placed into. You may not thrive immediately, but adaption must occur. Adaptation is a key trait that I believe a future millionaire must have. Let me tell you story about why I am posting about this today.

As you may know, I am in my first year of grad school and about 1.5 months ago I took my first grad school test. It did not go so well. I got a 56 percent... and even with the curve that was the lowest possible C (which is not passing). It hit me pretty hard, mainly because of my near flawless performance in undergrad. I was definitely swimming in a bigger pond and had to adapt. I decided that more in depth studying had to be done so instead of letting the poor grade knock me down, I used it to inspire me. I just took the second test for the class this morning. I have not gotten the grade back yet but I am certain that I scored at least 20 point higher on it then I did on my first test. I will let you know what the official score is when I get it back. But here's the point...

I did what had to be done to adapt to my new environment. A millionaire must be able to jump through these hurdles and proceed through the changes life throws. Life is always changing. It is how we react to the change that tells us what kind of person we are.

--A Future Millionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment