Friday, October 21, 2011

Get Hydrated and Save Money

One of the little things I do that saves me money, also happens to make me healthier. When I go to eat at a restaurant, which is budget busting already, I always ask for just tap water (unless of course we are celebrating and I need a beer!). This does two things, the first of which is saves money! If you want to have a coke don't buy it from a restaurant. They mark up the price of soda so much, in fact i can be marked up as high as 2000%! Now that is good for the restaurant but bad for you. "A family of four that dines out twice per week will save nearly $1,000 per year by skipping the soda pop and instead going with water."(Source) That is huge saving that can be applied to debt or saved to buy something you need. Why waste it on soda, which is just liquid calories and does nothing for you nutritionally? Water is also so abundant in our body and it needs to be replaced, so for me this is a win-win-win situation. Save money, cut out calories and hydrate our body all at the same time.

--A Future Millionaire

No comments:

Post a Comment